As per the announcement by Nokia Conversations, a new software update has been started rolling out to Nokia Lumia 800. This is the second update Lumia 800 has received since the first update in December 2011. The latest software update brings fixes to the known issue for battery performance and the issue of keyboard suddenly disappearing.
The update will not be delivered to every device simultaneously but rather will be staggered over the next two weeks through Microsoft’s standard update process. Around half of owners will get the update in the next seven days, with the remainder over the following seven days.
Well fortunately, the Lumia 800 I have, has received the update as the screen shown above listed the following updates.
Changelog with the Update:
OS version 7.10.8107.79
- Fixes an on-screen keyboard issue to prevent it from disappearing during typing.
- Fixes a Gmail syncing issue.
- Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in People Hub send anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
- Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Fixes a voice mail notification issue.
As per Nokia Conversations:
The update will bring the software on your phone to version 1600.2483.8106.11500 and delivers two key benefits:
- Battery performance enhancements;
- Wi-Fi connectivity enhancements.
An Employee at Nokia Support Discussions:
The update with the version number 1600.2483.8106.11500 brings you:
- Improved battery performance
- Better Wi-Fi connectivity
- Better voicemail notification
- Local Scout improvements