Recently the expired service by NaviFirm to download Nokia firmwares has been reinitiated with a release of new version of NaviFirm+ 2.0.
Previously NaviFirm+ suddenly stopped working after when Nokia managed to close unauthenticated access to their repository servers containing actual firmware files of the whole lot of their mobile phones for all regions from world. The access was only limited to the authenticated credentials via Nokia’s official service softwares e.g. Nokia Care Suite.
Following a few days, the developer at Symbian Toys has released NaviFirm+ 2.0 re-enabling the access to the same Nokia’s servers but this time it’s not free. However you can download the NaviFirm+ 2.0 for free but to use and download firmware you have to donate at least 3 Euros. You will be provided an account with a username and password emailed to you which you would use in the NaviFirm+ 2.0 account dialog to start using the service.
NaviFirm+ 2.0 Change-Log:
- New: NaviFirm+ automatically downloads and installs new updates
- New: Engine Rewritten from scratch
- New: Favourites Product Codes list
- Improved: trasfer speed! network communication is gzip-compressed
- Improved: caching policy is handled by the server, you don’t need to worry about cleaning the cache to get fresh results
- Improved: refuses to add duplicated files to the download queue
- Improved: minor GUI improvements
- Removed: ShowExtendedInfo and ServerIndex settings
- Known Issues: doesn’t support proxy. Proxy support will be added in next releases.