Let me say it again, it’s a massive 6-inch screen which is not very easy to handle for most of you there unless you’ve got some big gorilla hands. Comparatively, it’s even bigger than the Samsung flagship Galaxy Note 3 which sports a 5.7” display screen.
In the line-up of phablets where Samsung has its Galaxy Note 3 – Sony is with the 6.4 inch Xperia Z Ultra and HTC has come up with 5.9 inch One Max, Nokia Lumia 1520 is a bit larger than the current Galaxy Note 3 and HTC’s One Max. As expected, it’s too big for a regular use of the phone just like other competitors but provides much better experience specially for reading ebooks, browsing internet, exploring apps, watching videos and playing games. To carry it around as your primary phone, you will need deep wide pockets and big hands.
Well of course you can grip it in hands but it’s not manageable single handed.
We’ve seen bigger screens for long now where currently Samsung’s Galaxy Note range of devices dominate the market. Beyond my love thoughts about big screen phones, rapidly adopting market suggests that people do like to have big screen phones which named with the term as “phablets” referring to mixture of a phone and tablet. Well, Nokia seems to have seen the demand and deliver in the same context with giving the customers another option to choose big phones that run Windows Phone OS. Not just the option of change of user experience, Nokia Lumia 1520 gives really healthy hardware including 2GB of RAM, up-to-date Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-core processor. However we’ve seen 1080p full HD displays on Android line-up for quite a long time, Lumia 1520 also stands alone with its PureView branded camera with 20MP imaging sensor, we’ll talk in detail.
- Windows Phone 8 OS. Lumia Black firmware installed.
- (Height x Width x Thickness) 162.8mm x 85.4mm x 8.7mm – Weighs 209g.
- Display: 6” screen size diagonal, 1080p resolution full HD (1920 x 1080), Pixels density 368 PPI. ClearBlack, IPS LCD.
- Brightness control, Orientation sensor, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2, Easy to clean, High brightness mode, Lumia Color profile, Nokia Glance screen, Wide viewing angle, Super Sensitive Touch and Nokia Glance Screen.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 Quad-core 2.2 GHz.
- 2GB of RAM, Internal Storage 16 GB. Expandable micro SD support.
- 20MP PureView Primary Camera with 1/2.5-inch BSI CMOS sensor. dual LED flash.
- Carl ZEISS optics, f/2.4 lens with 6 elements, 26mm equivalent focal length, Optical Image Stabilization, 2x lossless zoom.
- Video Recording: full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) at 30fps with 3x digital PureView zoom.
- Front-facing, 1.2MP “wide angle” camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, Nano SIM card support,
- Rich Audio Recording.
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer
- 3400mAh battery (non-removable)
- Available in 4 colors: Yellow, white, black, glossy red.
The hardware of Nokia Lumia 1520 actually meets with the level of competition very well excluding the camera. Well because that’s obviously a big point in Nokia’s hardware.