In April, this year Windows Phone 8.1 announcement brought the news of Cortana, a personal assistant for Windows Phone (like the Siri in iPhone). At first it was only available to US and later expanded covering a few more countries over the globe but still Pakistan is not yet supported. Likewise many other are not yet supported for this feature.
Here we have a way to let Cortana run in Pakistan as well as in any region you belong to. Just follow below.
enable Cortana in your device running Windows Phone 8.1
- Go to “Settings” app and tap “Language”.
- Add the language “English (United States)” if it’s not present in the list. Make sure to “Move it to top of the list”.
- Long press the entry “English (United States)” and tap “Region options”
- In Region settings: Choose country as “United States” and go back to language screen
- Long press the entry “English (United States)” and tap “Speech options”
- In Speech screen: Choose speech language as “English (United States)”
That’s it. Only a restart is required now. Do it and have Cortana running on your Windows Phone.
Try it and explore it and let us know about your experience with Cortana in the comments below as we really found her interesting.