Infinix Mobility has released the final build of Android 5.1 Lollipop for Infinix Hot Note and Hot Note Pro. An update via OTA for consumers is due but the build is available to public over its forums.
Check our review of Infinix Hot Note with stock ROM KitKat 4.4.2 as the phone comes with. The latest Android 5.1 comes with company’s own XUI flavor which looks most like AOSP. If you are a Hot Note owner and can’t wait for an OTA update but if you are so keen to have this build on your handset, this tutorial will help you get your hands on Android Lollipop on your Hot Note at earliest. Follow the tutorial after the break.
Update 20-12-2015: Build 20151218 with XUI 1.N.1.1
Update 21-11-2015: Build 20151120 with XUI 1.N.0.6
Update 07-11-2015: Build 20151106 with XUI 1.N.0.52
Advice and Required Tools:
- Download Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware official final build: download from direct link or from torrent. Choose one of the following according to your Hot Note X551 device.
- Build 20151218 – 20-Dec-2015 – with XUI 1.N.1.1 – Latest
- Build 20151120 – 21-Nov-2015 – with XUI 1.N.0.6
- Build 20151106 – 06-Nov-2015 – with XUI 1.N.0.52
- Build 20151023 – 23-Oct-2015
- Download SP Flash Tool: SP Flash Tool (latest version)
- Make sure you have your phone charged at least 50% to avoid any malfunction during flash.
- Backup your phone if you have anything important. Flashing the phone will wipe all the data off.
- You may need to install MT65xx Preloader USB drivers, if you haven’t already, prior to start flashing MediaTek powered phone.
- Extract firmware file, that you have downloaded for your device above, into a folder.
- Extract SP Flash Tool, that you have downloaded above.
- Make sure that your phone is Not Connected to the computer. But keep it near while performing following steps.
Steps to flash firmware:
- Run SP Flash Tool as administrator from the folder you extracted in “getting ready” section above. Right click on the flash_tool.exe and choose Run as administrator from context menu. If any warning appears on startup about scatter file not found, ignore it.
- Click on the Scatter-loading button on the screen as shown below.
In the Open File dialog, locate and open the firmware folder you extracted in “getting ready“ section above and select the MT6592_Android_scatter.txt file. MT6592 is the MediaTek chipset in your phone
After loading scatter file, the firmware files will automatically be populated as below.
- In this screen, select Firmware Upgrade from the list and then click big Download button. This will reserve your personal data/images after updating. If you don’t want to reserve your data or images on the phone and you want a fresh install of a ROM, use “Download only” instead.
The tool will be disabled for any more user-inputs. It’s now waiting for the phone connection.
- Now is the time, you connect your phone to the computer. Make sure it’s turned off before you connect it. As soon you connect the phone to the computer, the flash tool should detect it instantly and automatically start the flashing process.
If you mistakenly connect the phone without turning it off, you can just turn it off now. Thing to consider is that, the flash tool will only detect the phone and start flashing when it’s turned off.
The flashing progress will be shown in percentage on the screen as above. It will take only a couple of minutes to complete.
Once the flashing process completes, it will provide you with the OK message and big Tick icon.
That’s it; at this stage, your phone has been flashed with the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. You can disconnect the phone and boot it up.
Use the comments section below to give your feedback. I have tried my best to describe in a very layman’s fashion to make you understand every bit of the process. Still if you have any question or facing trouble to use this tutorial, ask below; I’ll sure try to help.
You can see the screens from Infinix Hot Note running Android 5.1 Lollipop with XUI v1.N.0.4.