If you are here, then most probably you knew that the Infinix Note 2 has now started receiving Android 6 Marshmallow update. If you have not received the OTA update or by any means you want to flash Android 6 ROM onto your Infinix Note 2 then you may proceed below to know how you could upgrade manually.
While the upgrade process is not that hard to perform with all the tools and material in hand, there are some key factors you must need to know before upgrading the phone. It’s the correct build number you will need to choose and download for your phone. If you choose a wrong build mistakenly you would brick your phone. You will be guided with the download option.
There are two ways you can upgrade your Infinix Note 2 X600 to Android 6 Marshmallow.
- TCard Upgrade: In this way you will use SD card to upgrade.
- Flash Tool Upgrade: In this way you will use SP Flash Tool to upgrade firmware.
You can choose one of the two ways above which will be explained below.
How to upgrade Infinix Note 2 to Android 6 Marshmallow via TCard/SD Card
This way needs an unrooted Note 2. If you never rooted your Infinix Note 2, you can download the appropriate TCard Version of the ROM build. Make sure you choose the right build number according to your phone’s model.
- Download TCard Version from download page.
- Extract the downloaded file and copy the update.zip directly into your phone’s SD card. Do not place it in any directory.
- Now you can simply use System Update interface in the Phone’s settings and choose Update via SD card. Or you can update via recovery mode. For recovery mode, continue to next step.
- Turn-off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Press and hold Volume Up button
- Without leaving the Volume Up button, press and hold Power button too.
- Keep holding the Volume Up + Power buttons until you see an Android robot lying down.
- You should be in the recovery mode now.
- Use Volume up/down buttons to select options in the recovery mode
- Select “apply update from sdcard.”
- Press Power button to enter update interface.
- In the update interface, you should see update.zip file (or file name which you placed in second step above.)
- Now select update.zip using Volume button, then press Power button to initiate update process.
- Once the update completes, you will need to select reboot system now by pressing Power button once again.
That’s it. Confirm by going into phone’s settings > about phone.
How to upgrade Infinix Note 2 to Android 6 Marshmallow via SP Flash Tool.
In this way you will be flashing Android 6 Marshmallow via PC and a USB cable.
- Install VCOM drivers – follow guide here. You might not need to perform this step if you already have them installed previously. You should know if you did, otherwise just install VCOM drivers.
- Download SP Flash Tool latest version.
- Download ROM/Firmware Flash Version from download page.
- Turn-off your phone and follow the flash guide here. During the flash process, use the ROM/Firmware you downloaded in step 3.
- After a successful upgrade, turn on the phone to see effect.