Infinix Mobility is really up with its production of devices. Likewise the company is doing pretty good job by providing customer support with software updates. In their phablet lineup of Note smartphone, the company has already launched Infinix Note 3 running the latest XOS software based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The customers having Infinix Note 2 or Note 2 LTE are not left out with previous software and the company has provided a software update for them too. The OTA might not be available for many but the customers can manually install/update or flash the new XOS based on Android 6 by using the company provided flash tool or the popular SP Flash Tool.
There are two ways you can upgrade your Infinix Note 2 X600 to Infinix XOS based on Android 6 Marshmallow.
- TF / T Card Upgrade: Using this way you will require an SD card to upgrade right from your smartphone without using a computer/PC.
- Flash Tool Upgrade: This method requires a computer/PC and a flashing tool “SP Flash Tool” or the one “Infinix Flash Tool” provided by the company to upgrade firmware.
You can choose one of the two ways above which will be explained below.
Please note that both methods are different and need different firmware files. It’s recommended that you backup your personal data and media at a safer location before proceeding.
1- How to upgrade Infinix Note 2 to Android 6 Marshmallow via TCard/SD Card
This way needs an unrooted Infinix Note 2. If you never rooted your Infinix Note 2, you can download the appropriate TCard Version of the ROM build. Make sure you choose the right build number according to your phone’s model.
- Download latest TCard Version build from download page. (build 20160720 for Note 2 LTE or 20160811 for Note 2 non-LTE)
- Extract the downloaded file and copy the update.zip directly into your phone’s SD card. Do not place it in any directory.
- Follow the steps provided in TCard/TF Card/SD Card update tutorial.
TF Card update is recommended if you want to keep or preserve your media/data, apps, settings and everything intact but upgrade the firmware.
2- How to upgrade Infinix Note 2 to Android 6 Marshmallow via SP Flash Tool.
In this way you will be flashing Infinix XOS based on Android 6 Marshmallow via PC and a USB cable on your Infinix Note 2 or Note 2 LTE. Using this method you can have fresh install of the new firmware or even upgrade while preserving your data and apps.
- Install VCOM drivers – follow guide here. You might not need to perform this step if you already have them installed previously. You should know if you did, otherwise just install VCOM drivers.
- Download SP Flash Tool latest version if you haven’t already.
- Download Infinix XOS ROM/Firmware Flash Version for Infinix Note 2 from the download page. Extract the firmware archive into a folder.
- Turn-off your phone and follow our generic flash guide here. During the flash process, use the ROM/Firmware you downloaded in previous step.
- After a successful upgrade, turn on the phone to see effect.