Sony Mobile has added the Xperia X Compact to its Open Device program, which means that budding developers can use Sony’s guides to help build and flash AOSP (Android Open Source Project) Nougat and Marshmallow to the phone. Sony has provided the necessary binaries as well as detailed guides to get you started.
Inside the most recent Xperia X Compact ticks an upper midrange chipset. The Snapdragon 650 is a strong SoC, and shouldn’t experience serious difficulties the smartphone. In particular, there hardly is a superior specced minimized midrange cell phone, and we’re alright with how the new item is postioned. We would woefully miss the dust and waterproofing, however.
The Sony Xperia X Compact is now available to pre-order in the United States. The device is listed on Amazon, which is currently letting users pre-order it for $450 – the listed price is $500 but the retailer is offering a $50 credit at checkout.
All the three colors variants – White, Universe black, and Mist blue – are currently available, and the $50 credit is available on all of them. The handset will start shipping September 25.
Discussing spec sheets, it’s maybe the fitting time to see what the Xperia X Compact brings to the table.
- Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650
- Hexa-core (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72)
- Adreno 510
- Display: 4.6 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage – microSD card support up to 256GB
- Camera: 23 MP Rear Camera, 5 MP, 1080p Front Camera.
- Software: Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Battery: 2700mAh
- Color: White, Universe black, and Mist blue
- Price: PKR 53,000/- (APR)
- Sony Xperia Full Specifications