With the announcement of Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform, the chip maker has brought the 4G/LTE connectivity to entry-level feature phones.
Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform is the first product launch under its new hardware terminology of a “mobile platform” instead of a “processor”. The new platform includes the Qualcomm 205 System-on-Chip with baseband functionalities and hardware components such as “RF front end, discrete Wi-Fi, power management, audio codec, speaker amplifier, and software, all to enable a comprehensive mobile solution.”
If you followed the recent announcement by Qualcomm, “Snapdragon” brand name is now only for premium and high-end platform. Entry-level processors in all its lineups including 200-series will simply be called as Qualcomm Mobile Platform.
Qualcomm 205 platform will enable manufacturers to provide speed data connectivity over LTE Cat 4 with up to 150 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload. Read more features below.
Qualcomm 205 SoC features include:
- LTE Cat 4 modem with up to 150 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload;
- Support for 4G, 3G and 2G networks;
- Support for 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+, FM radio;
- Dual Core CPU at 1.1 GHz;
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU;
- 3 megapixel rear camera, 0.3MP selfie camera
- VGA display at 480p 60 frames per-second;
- HD Video streaming;
- Support for Linux based OS;
- Support for dual SIMs;
- Pin-compatible with Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 210/212