Games News PUBG Ban to remain in place in Pakistan – PTA July 27, 2020 by Noaman Rasheed 0 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on Reddit Share on Pinterest Share on Linkedin Share on Tumblr The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has today issued a press release stating that the ban on PUBG game will continue to be in place citing the game management did not respond to the authority’s calls. PTA has noted in the press release that the authority approached the PUBG management and informed them about some sort of suitable framework to address the key concerns. However, according to the authority, there has been no response from the game handlers so far. The authority has provided the opportunity of hearing to the concerned parties including the PlayerUnknown’s Battleground’s (or PUBG’s) lawyers. Hence the game will remain blocked in the country. PTA said that it has issued a detailed order in accordance with the Islamabad High Court’s orders after a hearing conducted by the authority on July 9th, 2020. The order is also in accordance with the provisions of PECA 2016. The ban or no-ban is the cycle that PUBG is currently running through in Pakistan. The PTA temporarily suspended the battle royal game on July 1st, 2020 following complaints from the community. However, the major reason was told to be a couple of suicide cases allegedly due to the violent game. Following multiple hearings, the last development was three days ago when Islamabad High Court had ordered the authority to lift the ban on PUBG. The fans literally welcomed the court order, however, PTA didn’t take long enough to release its detailed order maintaining the block on the game. The PUBG fans in the country keenly followed the development as well as showed their anger on social media. At the time of writing the hashtag, #imrankhanPUBGkolo is running as a top trend on twitter. For the latest update on the development, keep an eye on our social handles.